Sunday, April 5, 2009

Things just couldn't be the same,
'cause I'm as free as a bird now.



Good morning/afternoon, sunshines. If you're like me, you just woke up. And if you're like me, the first thing you do in the morning is check your blog (coughnerdcough).
Two things.
1) I'm obsessing over music that was made before I was born, which happens a lot. Right now I'm listening to Your Love by the Outfield. I recommend you listen to it because it's awesome. Why not help you out? Here's the video.

Great stuff right hur.

And 2)
Did anyone else read about Oscar de la Renta hating on Michelle Obama? Yeah, no joke. He's saying how he thinks that although it's great that she's helping the smaller designers such as Jason Wu and Isabel Toledo, that the high end designers need some loving too, especially in these hard economic times. Because apparently it's effecting the designers who charge hundreds of dollars for one piece.
Oscar de la Renta was quoted saying "American fashion right now is struggling...I think I understand what they (as in Obama and her stylist lady) are doing, but I don't think that is the right message at this particular point....I don't object to the fact that Mrs. Obama is wearing J. Crew to whatever because the diversity of America is what makes this country great. But there are a lot of great designers."
Donna Karan said, "I hope and believe that this is just a moment...And I hope to be able to dress her, and not only dress her but address her, sit down -- I'm interested in her totality as a woman."
Unlike my homeboy, Oscar, Vera thinks that what she's trying to do is great, stating, "I love seeing young designers and their vision and how they grow and all of that. On the other hand, of course, I wish she would consider some of us, because I think we also have contributions to make."
Love her. (:
I thought about what Mr. De la Renta said and although it's hating on Mrs. Obama, I still love him because well, he makes the best dresses in the world. Well, maybe besides Valentino. But whatevs.
Oh, and Oscar also said, and I don't know why I laughed about this, 'You don't...go to Buckingham Palace in a sweater."
LOL @ OSCAR!

That's all because I'm too lazy to do anything else right now. KBYEEEEEEEE! :D
PS. I'm now listening to Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd and I think you should do the same. Since I'm such a nice person, I'm going to give you the link. You're welcome. :)

Article from: Huffington Post

1 comment:

Liv said...

haha to the bit at the end where he says "you don't go to buckingham palace in a sweater" Lol LOL